Sunday, November 27, 2011

advent.

In case you don't know me. I am a creature of habit and tradition. I don't love change. It's probably one of the reasons I love Christmas so much. There are traditions. I won't tell you right now about all of them, of course that would take too long, but among my favorite is creating a space for devotion and prayer and singing with these amazing girls in Houston (sorry Megan...1) your face is covered by the candle 2) you + me in my heart always = Houston). It's one tradition I hope doesn't fade away any time soon. I'm so excited that we are skyping in a few hours to kick off the season!






Let us begin Advent, waiting.
Getting up and joining the adventure,
Even when we don’t know where it will take us.
Shifting the impatient waiting to expectant living.
Boldly claiming the Good News that we know will come.
Waiting with joy as we reach out with the grace of God that is so much more than amazing.

Let us begin Advent.
I loved the benediction to this online guide to advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment