Monday, December 21, 2009

salvation army love.


I love the Salvation Army.

I love going to visit my friends there.

Today I went to help wrap gifts and do anything I could to help. One of my assignments was to assist with a party, this has become something I'm getting good at...it's my 3rd party to help with in the last week or so there. This was a little different because the party was being thrown by the Rockets. Now I am not really a person who claims to know anything about the Rockets team, but I am a new fan of Luis Scola. I think so highly of him after observing how great he was with the kids today. The rest of the guys were handing out gifts, taking pictures, but Luis was very attentive. He was so connected to one of the little guys and would not put him down. He even stayed later than the other players to talk to the little guys mom and take pictures on his cell phone. Here's just one photo that was snapped when he was hanging out. When he left little Mauricio cried...it was so sweet.

It was a great time with lots of excitement for some of my sweetest friends from this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment