Monday, July 25, 2011

my job is more exciting than your job...

Did you get to hear these stories today?

* This morning at our 9 am meeting my staff told me they woke up to a squirrel in their apt...they got it out of the 3 story building by banging on a pan all the way down the 3 flights of stairs out the double glass doors.
* By noon you have a JH boy getting stitches for a cutting injury from a food prep ministry site
* Did you get to go to Costco and have the man at the check out tell you, you are strong?
* Did you have a 30 min conversation with your postal worker?
* After answering emails, working on a few things, and thinking how quiet it was at 10:45 pm another staff member calls and report that the kids in their group may have shattered a window, knocking on it.
* At 11:00 pm you see pictures on facebook that indeed look like your housing site bathroom is flooding...and that is confirmed by a series of texts.

Look like tomorrow's going to be filled with fun housing site repairs! I should get to sleep. If you need some excitement in your life; we've got plenty here in DC come visit :)

2 comments:

  1. I love you Robyn! You are earning "stars in your crown" (as my mom likes to say)!

    RACHEL

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting! and hilarious :). I remembered I had not read your blog in a while, so I am stopping by for a virtual visit. I hope I get to make a real visit sometime! xo.

    ReplyDelete