Saturday, February 26, 2011

love boldy.

I'm currently reading the book Bold Love by Dr. Dan B Allender and Dr. Tremper Longman III...
here's a tiny excerpt:
"Love, as a reflection of the glory of God, is the ground of being, the reason for existing, and the core of the gospel. It is the most basic staple of life; yet it is nearly impossible to wrap words around love's vastness, to describe how to be transformed by it, or to use it for the sake of another-especially in a world that hurts us regularly and often deeply."

This book is making me think alot. I have had this book on my shelf or quite a while now, and just picked it up again out of complete and utter lack of being able to love many things in my life. The past few weeks, at a glance, have been weeks where I felt hurt regularly and deeply by the world. I am encouraged to say though that I have also felt loved deeply by those around me in the world. I'm super thankful for:
-flowers on my doorstep on a Friday night
-friends who will call and pray from far away
-co-workers who drive me home when it's dark and I'm scared to walk there alone
-spontaneous visits from dear friends
-laughing and crying with others
-a small group of people who will change their plans, so you can be a part
-people who will celebrate life with me in unexpected ways
-feeling loved, when I'm not feeling very lovely
-skype, mail, cellphones, g-chat, and the other ways that I feel connected...

There's much to be thankful for, and hopefully I will begin to love boldly those who have been loving me boldly.

No comments:

Post a Comment