Friday, August 7, 2009

summer

I have really enjoyed summer. I almost feel like I got to be a kid again this summer. Not because I didn't have responsibility, but because I felt truly alive. I got to really remember what it feels like to truly love what I am doing. I got the opportunity to do things that make my heart happy. I got to eat lunch with friends, hang out with some of my favorite people in the city, serve, work for really cool people, experience things that I forgot make me feel alive. There are still people I wish I would have seen, things I would have done, trips that would have been taken, conversations that would have been had, friends I would have seen more, but it's over. Time to be a teacher again. I'm praying for there to be more joy and life as the seasons change yet again in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Welcoming to the blogging world! Maybe I can keep up with you better this way. We still need to talk and catch up.

    ReplyDelete